Thursday, August 28, 2008

Big Daddy's Burger Bar



Restaurant: Big Daddy's Burger Bar
Location: 1626 East Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203
Click here for Google Maps (simply fill in your address)
Website: Official Web Site
Telephone: 704.714.4888
Food Selection: Burgers and its close relatives

Because sometimes I have to put the cycling food regime on hold and enjoy myself!

The Initial Walk-In:

As you approach the restaurant, there is a patio outside that runs along East Blvd for people to sit. As you walk into the restaurant, watch your step as there is a slight step. Aside from that, it is a bar/burger joint. The middle is high-rise tables (girls, I wouldn't suggest wearing a skirt) and outlined by booths.

Course of Meals:

Sunday Drink Specials:
$4 Bloody Mary's
$4 Mimosas
$4 Champagne

Main Meal: Western Burger with french fries.
Burger: Cooked Medium. Topped with monterrey jack cheese and fried onion rings. There was BBQ sauce already on the bun and I asked for the chipotle ranch on the side.

This burger was AWESOME! Despite not being able to have it medium rare, I could sink my teeth into it and the flavor was fantastic. The onion rings were excellent as well. They had a slight kick to them. Not to be forgotten, the chipotle ranch was delicious too.

Atmosphere/Ambiance:

The atmosphere is great! Daddy's has a very laid back feel and design. It has vintage signs plastered everywhere. Like I said earlier, booths, high tables, and a bar. The space is somewhat cramped.

Server/Staff:
Our server was prompt and cute.

My Complaints:

*The one pesky fly that would not leave me alone.

What's Special about Big Daddy's:

*The outside patio.
*Location/area (on East Blvd).
*Atmosphere is relaxed/fun.

Closing Everything Out:

It was a great Sunday afternoon. This is a fantastic place to go for burgers. I would highly recommend eating at Big Daddy's. The service was fine, atmosphere relaxed, and it was not expensive. My burger was around $8 and I had a couple beers, so it was a round $17.


~the RESTAURANT GUY

No comments: