Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lunch Time: Zen Asian Fusion

Meal: Zen Salmon

While I have not done an 'official' review of Zen Asian Fusion yet, I did pop in for a bite to each for lunch. I'm glad I did.

Restaurant: Zen Asian Fusion
Location: 1715 Kenilworth Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28203
Click here for Google Maps (simply fill in your address)
Website: Link
Telephone: 704.358.9688
Food Selection: Asian Style fish, meat, vegetables, sushi, etc
Health Score; Didn't see
Hours: Mon-Fri: 11:30-2:00pm Sun-Thur: 5:00-10:00pm Fri-Sat: 5:00pm-11:00pm

Zen Salmon -
Consists of a grilled salmon filet with a wasabi cream sauce, served with steamed spinach.
This is a great dish. The sauce compliments the salmon very nicely. I have grown up in the New England where seafood is pristine and fished for salmon in Alaska, so I am always extremely wary to eat seafood/fish when I cannot see the ocean. However, I wanted to boost my Omega-3 intake for the day, so I took a chance.

The salmon was cooked very well! It was not overcooked, which meant it was not dry! It was juicy and the sauce gave it an additional flavoring. I was extremely impressed, especially since it was 90+ degrees outside. The spinach was close to being dry, but was good too. I would recommend this tasty dish. It satisfied my hunger, but I did not feel stuffed. Primarily because I did not eat all of the rice that was provided.

Server: Our server was very responsive and always had our water glasses filled. The manager checked on us too about how our meal went.

Bill: $12-$13.

I look forward to doing a complete review in the future.

~the RESTAURANT GUY

No comments: