Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Carolina Soda Shoppe - Ice Cream


Restaurant: Carolina Soda Shoppe
Location: 4121 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209
Click here for Google Maps (simply fill in your address)
Website: n/a
Telephone:704.525.8420
Food Selection: Burgers, Ice Cream Floats, Milkshakes, Fast Foods
Health Score; 92.5 A
Dress Code: Wear what you want
Hours: Monday - Friday: 11:00am-8:00pm, Saturday: 11:00-5:00pm, Sunday: CLOSED

Course of Meals:

Ice Cream Sundae. It comes in a plastic cup. I had vanilla ice cream, with hot fudge, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry. The ice cream was okay and the hot fudge was not good at all. The fudge tasted like maple syrup. If it were early in the morning, I may have a different sentiment, but not late in the afternoon. To be frank, I feel like I could taste each ingredient in the ice cream and hot fudge. Yuck. The best part of the sundae were the nuts.

Atmosphere/Ambiance:

50's themed (black/white checkered flooring and 50's music playing).

Server/Staff:
My server was very nice and friendly. She was very prompt and took care of me even though it was just ice cream.

My Complaints:

*Hot Fudge
*A little pricey for the sundae
*Stools were creaky and shaky

What's Special about Carolina Soda Shoppe:

*Family-friendly
*50's theme
*Sundae Nuts were good (please no jokes)
*Old Diner atmosphere

Closing Everything Out:

My total bill, including tip was $6.95. I found this slightly upsetting. While the portion size was good, the sundae was mediocre at best. I have heard their milkshakes, burgers, and such are better, so I will go back to check them out.

~the RESTAURANT GUY

No comments: